CBD has recently skyrocketed in popularity as a medicinal supplement because of its proven anti-inflammatory properties and soothing effects. Even professional athletes are turning to this hemp-derived compound to aid them in their rigorous routines. CBD is incredibly versatile as it can be formulated into products like tinctures, capsules, and even candy. Many users even choose to incorporate CBD oil as an ingredient in their meals due to its mild, herbal flavor that does not alter how foods taste.
CBD Infused Foods for the Holidays
The benefits of CBD are innumerable, and many users want to spread the holiday joy to their friends and family with CBD infused food. With its relaxing effects on the mind and its ability to alleviate pain, everyone at the dinner table can benefit from CBD. If you are one of these users looking to share CBD and the gift of wellness with your loved ones, here are five easy-to-make holiday CBD recipes.
1) Walnut Chocolate Chip CBD Cookies
Forget classic chocolate chip cookies and surprise Santa this year with these delicious CBD infused cookies with walnuts. Sitting in that sleigh for such a long time can give old St. Nick some serious back pain, so why not give him a helping hand?
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter
- 0.5 oz unflavored CBD oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Mix the softened butter, CBD tincture, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl until smooth before beating in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water and add it to the batter while stirring. Slowly add in the salt, chocolate chips, flour, and nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter, 2 inches apart, onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until edges turn a golden brown.
2) CBD Eggnog
Celebrate the holidays with this yummy CBD Eggnog recipe guaranteed to be a hit at your holiday celebrations. Although we recommend brandy for this particular recipe, feel free to use dark rum or bourbon as substitutes.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 12 teaspoons of CBD oil (or ¾ teaspoon per mug as desired)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brandy
- Beat egg yolks, sugar, and salt until smooth.
- Add whole milk, whipping cream, vanilla, and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir the whipped egg whites into the eggnog until smooth.
- Chill until cold. Garnish with grated nutmeg or cinnamon sticks on top.
3) CBD Hot Chocolate
If you thought hot chocolate could not get any better, think again. A few teaspoons of CBD oil make this holiday classic the sweetest way to spread wellness during the holidays.
- 6 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoon of CBD oil
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Over medium heat, mix together milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large pot.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until they have melted.
- Cover pot and turn heat to low for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in CBD tincture and serve with mini marshmallows on top.
4) Holiday CBD Cranberry Sauce
Another holiday classic made better by adding CBD. Use this cranberry sauce CBD recipe as a spread for toast, bagels, or panettone. Extremely versatile, cranberry sauce goes with almost anything. Just place it on the dinner table and watch it become a favorite among your guests.