We work 9 to 5 just to stay alive, but while we’re financially staying alive, are we taking care of our bodies? When we sit at a desk all day, what is actually happening to our backs? 31 Million Americans in the workforce have had work-related lower back pain at least once in their lives.
More Facts and Statistics That Throw Light On Prevalence of Back Pain
- According to a survey conducted by the Global Burden of Diseases in 2010, lower back pain is the leading cause of disability globally.
- More than 50% of American professionals admit to having back pain every year.
- Back pain is the second most common reason for visiting a doctor.
- Back pain is a prevalent reason why American employees leave their jobs.
- The most common causes of back pain are non-organic, or in other words, not due to health issues such as arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
- Around 80% of the population is estimated to have back pain at one point of their lifetime.
- A whopping $50 Billion is spent every year treating back pain.
The back provides basic structure to our bodies, and when we unintentionally strain the bones, joints, ligaments or muscles, it’s possible we could trigger long term back problems. Sports injuries, improper posture, long periods of time in the same seat, frequent driving and sometimes even just bending down to get something from the floor can shock your spine.
Intervertebral discs are the cartilage discs located between the vertebrae in the spinal cord is supposed to absorb shock. But, with passing time, they can degenerate and fail to absorb those same shocks, causing piercing pain in the back.
Are your pain meds failing you?
There are different ways to treat your back pain. Anti-inflammatory drugs, Valium, ibuprofen and voltaren are commonly prescribed drugs for chronic back pain and aches. These drugs, however, come with side effects that can affect your kidneys after continuous use and don’t provide permanent relief.
If you’re looking for a more natural approach to treating your back pain, CBD can be a great option. A study performed in 2015, showed the ability for CBD infused products such as oils, gummies, candy, etc. to treat patients who experienced chronic back pain. The studied concluded that CBD has anti-degenerative properties that protect our back’s discs.
A daily dose of CBD has shown to greatly relieve back pain caused by day-to-day activity. Because CBD is THC free, there have been no side effects reported with Green Roads’ product, therefore not intervening with your schedule.